75% of security failures will result from inadequate management of identities, access, and privileges by 2023, according to a Gartner report. In order to avoid this, you will need a comprehensive tool that is intuitive, scalable, and human-centric to mitigate these threats 24/7.
Horangi announced new features for Warden at its quarterly Product Updates webinar ‘Filter Out Noise to Reduce Cloud Security Risks with Alert Prioritization on Warden’ on Tuesday, September 27. Our Product Managers Mito Ye, Julia Li, and Theodore Salim, along with Kimberley Yong, Partner Alliance Head, were the speakers for the event.
Horangi also presented findings from a recent study on threats facing organizations in H1 2022 to underline how inadequate management of identities, access, and privileges will result in security failures. The report is packed with statistics, information on Zero Trust, and even 4 top recommendations to help boost your cloud security posture. You can download the report here.
In our Threat report covering H1 2022, we analyzed data from two data sources:
- Actual scan results from our product Warden,
- Data from over 630 VAPT (Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing) assessments conducted by our Horangi service team.
40% of the organizations surveyed are from financial service industries, with the rest divided among other industry verticals. Among the key findings in the report include:
- More than 50% of organizations in ASEAN indicate that they detect a verifiable threat to their cloud infrastructure at least once a month or more frequently, at least once every week.
- 12% of cloud identities are left unused or inactive. This could be due to the off-boarding process not being executed properly, or overprovisioning of identities and permitted access.
- 22% of privileged identities, meaning those with admin access and are therefore more attractive to threat actors, were not properly secured by additional authentication, such as MFA or rotating the passwords regularly.
The speakers at the webinar also highlighted Horangi’s roadmap for 2022 and beyond, including:
- A dedicated team for compliance standards that will add new compliance standards and update existing compliance standards so Warden users are always up-to-date with the latest compliance standards and changes in requirements.
- Bespoke customizations to cater to your unique business needs and help you correlate security risks so that you have a better security context and can focus on remediating more important risks.
- New features to provide you with a more holistic security posture, such as Threat Detection on Network Flow Logs and Container Security.
In the coming years, we will be in all these areas to protect your full application lifecycle so that we can enable you to innovate without fear. Drop us a line here if you’re interested in a 15-minute, live demo of Warden.